International Airport "Henri Coanda" Bucharest-Otopeni
Travel to Bucharest from abroad
Accomodation in Bucharest
Hotel Capitol 3*, situated in the center of city and 5 minutes walking
distance from Old Center.
single room: 57 euro / night, breakfast and taxes included
double room: 69 euro / night, breakfast and taxes included
The monetary unit is Romanian Leu.
Exchange rate: 1 EUR approx. 4.5 Lei (changes daily)
Short travel guide from the airport to Hotel Capitol
Once you arrived to Bucharest by plane, the simplest way to get to any destination is to use public transportation. In order to do this yo
u need to buy a rechargeable trip card and charge it from almost any transport station.
• Bus rechargeable card costs 3.7 Lei.
• You can charge trip card from every transport station (kiosk).
• Bus urban trip costs 1.3 Lei.
• Bus Express trip costs 3.5 Lei - airport to Bucharest route.
• You must validate your trip card every time you use public transportation.
• Look for the ticket box near the airport exit and ask for a non-nominal rechargeable card (3.7 Lei) plus bus or express tickets.
• The trip from the airport to Bucharest city center costs 3.5 Lei. This trip is shown on the map below. From airport you can use bus number
783 (express) to get to Bucharest ( "Piata Universitatii" - "University Square" bus stop - 5 minutes walking distance to the Hotel Capitol).
Bus - express lines
Taxi can be ordered on-line at the Airport.
Public transport in Bucharest
Buses, trams and trolley-buses company
Train travel in Romania
Weather forecast - Bucharest
Transfer Bucharest-Tulcea-Crişan and return
Bucharest-Tulcea by coach - 4-5 hours including one stop on the
way (the distance of approx. 280 km).
There exists only one direct train Bucharest-Tulcea - early in the morning (trip - 5 hours
and 20 min).
Tulcea-Crişan by speed boat (1 hour) - 30 euro/person - transfer on Danube by boat
Participants from USA, Canada, most European and many
non-European countries do not need Romanian visas. Please contact the
Romanian Embassy or Consulate in your own country to verify whether you need
or not a visa. For visa information you can access the web page of the
Romanian Ministry of Foreign Affairs (www.mae.ro) . If you do need a visa, a personal invitation letter may be
necessary. The Organizing Committee will provide it upon request.
Health care information
The organizers cannot accept any responsibility in case of medical emergencies. Participants are strongly encouraged to make their own arrangements for an adequate health insurance.
isar [at] theory.nipne.ro